REDEEMING AEROPLAN CLASSICFLIGHT AND CLASSICPLUS FLIGHT REWARDS
1. ClassicFlight Rewards are available on all eligible scheduled flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Creebec, Bearskin Airlines, Calm Air, Canadian North, First Air and the Star Alliance member airlines.
2. ClassicPlus Flight Rewards are available on all eligible scheduled flights operated by Air Canada and Air Canada Express.
3. ClassicFlight Rewards may not be combined with ClassicPlus Flight Rewards and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or special offer unless otherwise specified.
4. Flight rewards may be booked for either a roundtrip or a one-way trip flight reward. One-way flight rewards are not available in all regions/destinations.
5. Flight reward mileage is determined by the region/destination, highest class of service, and whether the booking is roundtrip or a one-way trip.
5.1. If any allowable stopover point is in a different region than the flight reward destination, the higher reward mileage level will apply.
5.2. In the case of an open jaw, the region/destination with the higher mileage level will apply.
6. ClassicPlus flight reward mileage level quotes are valid at the time of redemption and only for the itinerary booked.
7. Flight reward bookings must be made in the full legal name of the person travelling; as it appears on the passenger's passport—proof of identity will be required at the airport. Name changes are not permitted.
8. Flight rewards can be booked up to a minimum of two hours prior to departure. Some exceptions may apply.
8.1. Flight rewards with Air Creebec, Bearskin, Calm Air, Canadian North and First Air must be booked a minimum of 48 hours prior to departure.
9. Flight reward bookings must have confirmed travel dates (open tickets are not permitted).
10. Flight reward itineraries must be travelled in the sequence in which they are booked (ticket coupons must be used in sequence).
11. Flight reward bookings are subject to applicable airport taxes, fees, and surcharges imposed by the airline and any government authority. Additional taxes and fees may be collected at the airport.
12. The member must have the required amount of Aeroplan Miles at the time of flight reward booking.
13. Whenever applicable, electronic tickets will be issued. For itineraries that are not electronic ticket-eligible, reservations should be confirmed at least 14 days prior to departure to allow for "free" delivery of "paper" tickets via mail.
14. Reward tickets can be delivered to you in one of many ways. Applicable taxes and any mileage purchased must be paid by credit card at time of booking.
14.1 Electronic Ticket
When you phone the Aeroplan Contact Centre to request reward travel on eligible Air Canada, Air Canada Express and most of our Star Alliance partner flights, an electronic ticket will be stored in Air Canada's computer system. Electronic Tickets have replaced paper tickets for these flights and are the new standard for reward travel. You'll simply receive an electronic ticket receipt as confirmation, and need only present your receipt along with a photo I.D. to receive your boarding pass.
14.2 We'll send your reward tickets free-of-charge to the address on your file. Please note that this option can take up to two weeks to get to your door. Aeroplan is not responsible for any tickets lost or delayed in the mail, and will not replace them.
14.3 AeroExpress Courier Service
With the AeroExpress Courier Service, for $35 (CA), plus applicable taxes, your reward ticket should arrive in four to six business days, although remote areas might require additional time. Please note that this service is only payable by credit card and is non-refundable. Also, we're not able to send the ticket to a P.O. Box.
14.4 AeroRush Service
With AeroRush, available for rewards that require a paper ticket, we prioritize the processing of your reward (CA$50, plus applicable taxes). Tickets can be picked up at any Air Canada or Air Canada Express airport ticket counter.
15. Flight rewards may be redeemed through the Aeroplan Contact Centre for a service fee of C$30.00 plus taxes per ticket. This fee is non-refundable.
16. Flight rewards may also be redeemed online at aeroplan.com. Some exceptions apply.
16.1. In the instance where a flight reward booking cannot be made online, the booking will be subject to the Aeroplan Contact Centre service fee of C$30.00 plus taxes per ticket. This fee is non-refundable.
16.2. In the instance where a flight reward booking cannot be completed online, the member will be instructed to contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre with the booking reference within 24 hours to complete the booking. Failure to contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre within 24 hours to complete the booking will result in cancellation without notice.
17. Only the Aeroplan Member or a designated person (appointed by the member) can book a travel reward.
18. Flight reward tickets will be issued at the time of booking and an electronic itinerary receipt will be sent via email as confirmation.
18.1. Itineraries that require paper ticket issuance must be booked a minimum of 14 days prior to departure or delivery fees may apply.
19. Flight reward tickets are valid for one year from the date of issue, unless otherwise specified.
19.1. Miles for any unused portion(s) of an expired flight reward ticket will be forfeit and are no longer valid for travel and/or mileage reinstatement.
20. It is the sole responsibility of the passenger to obtain, and have in possession upon departure, all required travel documents as required by law. Passengers who do not have the required documentation to travel will be denied boarding by Air Canada and/or other airline partners without compensation.
21. ClassicFlight Rewards are capacity controlled, which means that there are a limited number of seats available on a given route. Capacity controls do not apply for ClassicPlus Flight Rewards.
22. There are no blackout periods on Air Canada and Air Canada Express. Flight rewards on all other airlines may be subject to blackout periods.
23. The credit card used for payment must be in the name of the Aeroplan Member or one of the passengers travelling on the booking.
24. All flight reward bookings are subject to approval by Aeroplan and/or the partner airlines on the itinerary.
25. Aeroplan flight rewards cannot be redeemed for cash and will be declared void if sold, bartered or transferred; and as a result, may be subject to prosecution and/or loss of program privileges.
Flight Reward Travel Involving a Stopover/Open Jaw
26. Stopovers are not permitted on one-way flight rewards.
27. Stopovers and/or open jaws are not permitted on flight rewards with Calm Air.
28. On roundtrip rewards, stopovers are permitted as follows:
28.1. Travel within Canada or between Canada and the Continental USA (not including Hawaii/Puerto Rico): One stopover permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of the one stopover.
28.2. Between Canada/Cont. USA and Hawaii/Puerto Rico/Mexico/Central America/Caribbean:
28.2.1. Rule for rewards containing only Air Canada flight: Two stopovers are permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of one stopover.
28.2.2. Rule for rewards containing a minimum of one flight on a Star Alliance partner other than Air Canada: One stopover is permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in addition to the one stopover.
28.3. Intercontinental travel (travel between two continents): Two stopovers permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of one of the two stopovers.
28.4. Intracontinental travel (travel within the same continent) except for travel within Canada/Continental USA, or between Canada/Cont. USA and Hawaii/Puerto Rico/Mexico/Central America/Caribbean: Stopovers are not permitted. One open jaw is permitted.
Around the World Flight Rewards
29. A maximum of five stopovers and one open jaw are permitted per flight reward on eligible routings. Only one stopover is permitted in any one city.
30. Travel must commence from and return to the same country, and return cannot go beyond the point of origin.
31. Flight reward must include one transatlantic and one transpacific crossing.
Flight Reward Travel Involving an Infant (under two years of age for the entire trip) or Child
32. Infants not occupying a seat:
32.1 Within Canada or within the Continental USA (including Hawaii) do not require a ticket. Infant name must be included on the reservation. Only one infant per adult travelling.
32.2 Between Canada and the Continental USA (including Hawaii) require a ticket. No flight reward required; taxes apply. Only one infant per adult travelling.
32.3 On all other itineraries require an Infant Flight reward; taxes apply. Only one infant per adult travelling.
33. Infants occupying a seat require a flight reward.
34. Flight rewards are required for children two years of age or over.
35. Children between the ages of 2 and 11 must be accompanied by an adult aged 16 or older when travelling. However, children aged 8 to 11 can be booked to travel as Unaccompanied Minors on Air Canada direct flights only. Some exceptions may apply and additional travel restrictions may apply.
REFUNDING CLASSICFLIGHT AND CLASSICPLUS FLIGHT REWARDS
36. Unused and valid flight rewards may be refunded and miles reinstated up to 22 days before the scheduled date of departure. A C$90.00 fee plus taxes per ticket will apply. This fee is non-refundable.
CHANGING/CANCELLING CLASSICFLIGHT AND CLASSICPLUS FLIGHT REWARDS RESERVATIONS
37. Changes to unused flight rewards (i.e. flight date(s), flight time(s), class of service, routing and/or itinerary) may be made up to a minimum of two hours prior to departure. A fee of C$90.00 plus taxes per ticket. This fee is non-refundable.
38. Changes to the flight reward itinerary (e.g. region, destination, class of service, flight date, flight time, seasonality, advance purchase or minimum/maximum stay) may result in additional mileage being required from the original flight reward. Additional miles are collected at the time of change.
39. Flight reward changes to the destination/region or class of service may result in a lower mileage level than the original flight reward; the mileage difference is forfeited.
40. Flight reward changes may be subject to additional airport taxes, fees, and surcharges imposed by the airline and any government authority. Additional taxes and fees may be collected at the airport.
41. Unused flight reward tickets can be cancelled up to a minimum of two hours prior to scheduled departure and will remain valid for one year from the date of issue. At time of re-booking, a C$90.00 fee plus taxes per ticket will applied. This fee is non-refundable.
42. Within two hours of scheduled departure, changes/cancellations of a flight reward are not permitted. The flight reward mileage is forfeit and the ticket is no longer valid for travel.
43. Name changes are not permitted on flight rewards.
44. ClassicPlus Flight rewards may not be changed to ClassicFlight rewards.